The Cultural Side
The Honorary Consulate General of Austria in Mumbai, has over the last 35 years organised along with the Austrian Embassy many cultural programmes. To name a few in the last couple of years:
- October 24 - November 2, 2014, Austrian Cultural Week.
- February 18, 2014, Dinner in honour of the arrival of the New Ambassador to India, H. E. Mr. Bernhard Wrabetz.
- December 17, 2013 saw the “JUJU DUO” an evening of Jazz Music, thrilling the audience of Mumbai
- November 23, 2010, to celebrate 31 years of Mr. Jasu Shah being Hon. Consul General, we presented the “String ensemble “Acies Quartet” from Austria for a beautiful evening of music.
- April 5, 2010, was a Celebratory concert by Maestro Joji Hattori and Vienna Chamber Orchestra String Quartet
- March 14, 2009, the “2nd Viennese Ball” was held in Mumbai, Celebrating 60 years of Austria-India Diplomatic Relations and followed by a Concert by the “Vienna Chamber Orchestra” under the baton of Maestro Joji Hattori, on March 15, 2009.
- February 21, 2005, saw the visit of the Austrian President. H. E. Dr. Heinz Fischer along with a 200 strong delegation
- April 2001 was the “1st Viennese Ball” held in Mumbai, the proceeds of which went to Charity.
- August 6, 1996, the Hon’ble Mr. Victor Klima, Finance Minister of Austria visited Mumbai with a business delegation.